Seringkali dianggap kenderaan kayangan, rupa-rupanya nilai selenggara sebuah kereta eletrik Tesla tidaklah seperti yang diperkatakan ramai
Kita boleh perhatikan sekarang pembuatan kereta elektrik semakin berkembang maju.
Jenama besar seperti Volkswagen VW, General Motor GM, Hyundai, Kia, Honda dan banyak lagi yang sudah mula dengan projek kereta elektrik masing-masing.
Semua adalah kerana mereka merebut pasaran kereta ev yang sekarang ini didominasikan oleh jenama kereta Tesla.
Jenama Tesla sekarang masih jauh meninggalkan pesaing terdekatnya. Walaubagaimanapun, untuk pasaran Malaysia kereta Tesla sudah pun mula dijual kepada sesiapa yang berminat.
Namun persoalannya, murahkah kos selenggara kereta elektrik Tesla ini?
Bagi berkongsi jawapannya, seorang pemilik FB, Farhan A Rahim tampil menjawab soalan yang seringkali berligar di kalangan mereka yang berminat memiliki mesin ini.
I’ve received a lot of questions regarding the ownership of my Tesla Model 3.
One of the most popular question is how do you go about maintaining the car when there Tesla is not officially present in Malaysia.
For your information my Tesla had already clocked 70,000 km and it’s already 26 months old (2 years+)
Here are my respond;
1. There is no lubrication oil, gear oil, or any type of oil including the associated filters that I need to change over the last 2+ years.
2. I did 5 tire rotations, wheel alignment and balancing. Each time it cost me Rm 270. So total = Rm 1350
3. At 35000 km I did tire change out. Instead of using Michelin Pilot Sports EV which will cost around Rm 1700 per piece, I’ve decided to use the newly launched Pilot Sport 5 (non ev tire)which is Rm 780. Total for 4 piece = Rm 3120
4. About a month ago after 2 years+, a fouling smell starts to be noticeable within the car cabin. It’s a sign that I need to change the AC filter. AC filter cost is Rm 270
5. Early January the car self diagnosed itself telling me to change the 12V battery. 12V battery cost = RM 1000.
6. Wiper changeout – 1 time cost rm 89
Other than the above there are no other parts that I need to change or maintain over the last 2 years +.
So what’s the total cost of maintenance for my Tesla so far?
Total maintenance cost = Rm 1350 + Rm 3120 + Rm 270 + rm 1000 + rm 89 = RM 5829
All the above cost would have to done anyway either you are driving an EV or an ICE vehicle.
The big difference is I don’t have to worry on the maintenance related to the moving parts of an engine which is the heart of an ICE vehicle.
And for all the items that I need to maintain/change can be done by local Malaysian workshops even though Tesla is not officially present here.
Hope the sharing above will provide some clarity over types of maintenance that an EV would have to go through.
I’ll probably share about the cost of charging of an EV to cover my travel distance in the next posting.
#maintenance #tesla #ev #electricvehicle #zeroemissions
Picture below shows that a normal tire shop can perform the routine tire rotation, balancing and alignment.